Friday, November 21, 2008
Lately, I have been well. However, I need to talk to my doctor about the side effects of my medication because I shake sometimes when I am not cold, and I breath heavy.
I applied for state medical insurance, but I will not know if I've been approved until a couple of weeks. I also checked out my credit report which was not well since I owe the school money. How do you improve your credit score?
My family is preparing for Thanksgiving. We will celebrate the hoilday over an extended relative's house, I decided to bring the candied sweet potatoes even though I do not know how to cook, my mother will help me prepare the dish. I am excited about the dinner, I love being around family and friends.
Thursday, November 13, 2008
The tag rules are as follows:
- Each player starts with eight random fact/habits about themselves.
- People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
- At the end of your blog post, you need to tag eight people and list their names.
- Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’ve been tagged and to read your blog.
And you can't tag me back!
Here are eight things that you did not know about me:
- I am a 49ers fan, I am from San Francisco
- I've worn my hair in dreadlocks for three years this month
- My favorite color is red
- I don't know how to cook
- I have one older sister
- I was born in Honolulu, Hawaii
- I enjoy playing online Scrabble
- When I was a child my favorite song was "Superwoman" by Karen White
Here are the people I tagged:
- Dano from Mental Motes (http://danomacnamarrah.blogspot.com/)
- Persephone from Ascending Metnal (http://ascending-metnal.blogspot.com/)
- Anonymous Drifter from Disjointed Thoughts (http://unknowndiarist.blogspot.com/)
- La Pixie from Pixie Dusted (http://chroll.blogspot.com/)
- Wandering Coyote from I'm Listening (http://stigma-busters.blogspot.com/)
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Meeting new people was one of my goals for recovery. I do not have many friends now but I hope to get a few in the near future. Another one of my goals for recovery is decribed in my post, "Closer to Recovery," I discuss plans to start school in the spring, so far the application process is going well.
Monday, November 10, 2008
I've read in books that moving is very stressful, and could trigger symptoms to return in people with schizophrenia. However, that did not happen to me, I guess because I am used to moving and know how to adopt fast. Now that I am settled into my new home I like it. My mother found the house (I live with my mother), and she made a good choice.
Now I am trying to find a new bed for my room. I switched beds from a full-sized bed to a queen-sized bed. I have been looking around for a nice bed to match my dresser which is reddish-brown, but it is hard to find. After all those nice commericals I looked inside of Thomasville Furniture Store but they were too pricey. However, I found something at Rooms To Go Furniture Store that I like, but I will probably look further for the most affordable bed. Maybe if I find an outlet mall I would have better luck!
I am fighting schizoaffective disorder every day through my spirituality! Living with mental health concerns is challenging. Constantly, I...
After a talk, a woman asked me if my faith contributed to my recovery because she noticed that I mentioned it throughout my speech. In addit...
Recently, a reader asked how to support, or what to say to someone who has persecutory delusions and confides in them. I thought this questi...
In this entry, I'll share my experiences with Schizophrenia in regards to feeling lack of trust in others, paranoia, and isolation.... I...