Some of us are better at it than others, and even though we all know that we must do it for health reasons, stress management is not that easy for most of us. In today’s hectic world, it’s almost impossible to avoid stress – even children are stressed out what with peer and parental pressure tugging at them from opposite sides. So the best thing to do is to find ways to manage it as best we can so that it does not affect our health adversely. Managing stress on a daily basis is not that difficult; all you need to do is:
1. Don’t take yourself too seriously: Life is short, so enjoy it in the right way. Allow time for fun and frolic even in the midst of your busy schedule.
2. Make plans, but don’t obsess over it if they fall through: Making plans and adhering to them is the best way to beat stress. But when those plans fall apart, find ways to improvise rather than falling apart yourself.
3. Make time to laugh and enjoy yourself: Laughter is the best medicine, so spend time with people who make you laugh or watch a sitcom or funny movie on the idiot box to laugh your heart out.
4. Do what you love or love what your do: It’s important to love your job if you want to avoid stress, so if you hate what you do, find ways to enjoy it or quit and find something you love.
5. Surround yourself with people who love you: Love is a great stress buster, so nurture healthy relationships. Regular sex with your partner releases negative feelings and beats stress. Also, spending time with your family and friends helps you distress easily.
6. Exercise for 30 minutes: Go for a walk or a jog if you feel depressed – it’s one of the best ways to beat stress.
7. Eat healthy food, with a cherry at the top: Don’t turn to ice cream and chocolate to chase away the blues; rather, eat healthy food and allow yourself a few spoons of dessert or other food that you love as a treat. When you turn to food for comfort, you tend to put on weight and add to your stress levels.
8. Be content with what you have: When you don’t expect too much and don’t envy other people, you’re able to lead a happy and stress-free life.
9. Don’t smoke, drink or do drugs: While alcohol is ok on a social basis, stay away from smoking and drugs if you want to avoid stress and other health complications.
10. Learn to let go: And finally, learn to let go of emotions, situations and people who have a negative effect on you and your life. When you hold on to unhealthy feelings and relationships that are long past their prime, you’re only subjecting yourself to more stress and further angst.
Remember, stress is the biggest killer of all – you may be eating right, exercising regularly, and leading a successful life; but if you’re stressed out most of the time or if you suffer a sudden shock or emotional trauma, you could be placing your life in jeopardy. So learn how to take things easy and to relax when the going gets tough so that stress does not become your main enemy.
This guest article is written by Teresa Jackson, she writes on the subject of OnlineNursePractitionerSchools. She invites your questions, comments at her email address : firstname.lastname@example.org.