The Author

My Photo
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
I am overcoming schizophrenia, and I believe others can too. Here is how I am managing my condition...

Saturday, January 22, 2011

New Year, New Goals by Princess B.

Hello everyone. It's a new year and a new start for you and for me. For me, it's developing personally this year. Like many of you out there this new year will bring about new goals for ourselves. I have vowed to let this year be a year of completion and follow through to many of my goals. One where I complete projects I've started as far back as a year or two ago. It also means staying connected to NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) and the mental health community and being financially savvy. What are some of your goals--the ones you don't mind sharing or that are of pressing concern to you?
Be Blessed,
Princess B.

3 comments:

helenasmole said...

My goal is to publish my book: Balancing the Beast - A Bright View at Schizoaffective Disorder - Bipolar or Manic-Depressive type. And to try to get in contact with as many NAMI affiliates as possible. This book is written from the heart, from my personal experience with mental illness and it is written FOR the people - patients, friends, family, co-workers and therapists.

Helena Smole
peer-to-peer in mental health

Jen said...

Hi, a group of fellow authors and I have a book, 'Check Mates' I'd like to introduce you all to. Our website is www.conditionalpublications.com. I'm looking for people that would be willing to write a testimonial and tell their story. It will be posted on the website under the resources tab and will be shared and will help spread the word about mental illness. I see you suffer from Schizophrenia and was wondering if you'd like to message me your story. You can use your real name, a fake name or simply remain ‘Anonymous’. If you have any questions please send me a message here as I will be checking frequently. Thank you in advance! Jen
Jeneva55@yahoo.com

pspeach22 said...

Hi Helena,

I have a similar goal of completing my 1st book. It is a book from the heart and from personal experience. I have yet to know how or where to publish so I am on the look out for resourcess like this. Thanks for the insight.

Regards,
Princess B.