The Author- Ashley

My photo
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
My name is Ashley and I am a lot of things, read this blog to learn more... Thank you for visiting my blog!

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Closer to Recovery

Yesterday I visited a college and gathered information on the requirements for spring admission. The deadline for spring admission is mid-November. I plan on applying to the school, and the whole idea of returning to school excites me. It shows progress in my recovery. I look forward to starting school in January and being enrolled part-time for starts. My major is Business Administration.

Prior to the onset of schizophrenia I was going to school, working, and running cross country. But when schizophrenia interrupted my life it snatched away everything. Now I am slowly picking up the activities I used to do and going to school is a major part of that. Recovery is feeling like your old self again, and when I am in school I will feel like the old me again.

5 comments:

HektikLyfe said...

Man the idea of going back to school scares me so much. I would be so bored and my mind would shut off. I just wanted to sleep.

Good luck! I'm sure you'll do much better evident by the eloquence of your blogs.

Anonymous Drifter said...

Congratulations on your plans!

Merelyme said...

Oh that is wonderful...you are doing so well. My mother has schizophrenia so I will read your blog with great interest.

TheEO said...

You seem to be coping very well - most of the people I know with this condition emerge with serious cognitive deficits which would prevent them from writing a blog in cogent English.

You might find:

http://schizophrenia.acandanex.co.uk/

an interesting account. It is about my only child.

Valash said...

Thank you, Hektiklyfe.

Merelyme, I am glad you found an interest in my blog.

Theeo, I checked out the site and I like it, I'll keep reading.

I will keep you all posted on my plans for school this spring.