MentalMeds News (www.mentalmeds.org) wants me to contribute an article on my experience with schizophrenia (also read the post "My Nervous Breakdown," below). I am excited about the opportunity, because I will get a chance to dismantle the stigma attached to schizophrenia by educating people about the illness. Wish me luck as I aspire to write a profound piece about my story.
Jennifer L. Myers is author of the blog, Never Give Up: Buddhism, Family, & Schizophrenia . Jennifer earned her masters in Urban and Environmental Policy from Tufts University and her undergraduate from UC Santa Cruz. She has experience working with the U.S. Peace corps in the Dominic Republic, environmental non-profits, and teaching. Currently, she is working on her memoir, Never Give Up: Buddhism, Family, & Schizophrenia. The following is her experience... Buddhism, My Mental Health & Happiness by Jennifer L. Myers When I was first diagnosed with schizophrenia in 2002 I had already been practicing Buddhism with the SGI (Soka Gakkai International) for 14 years. Still, I didn't have a very strong practice at the time. I attended local discussion meetings regularly, but I didn't spend much time chanting on a daily basis. It wasn't until the symptoms of schizophrenia - the voices whispering in my head, the screaming and yelling I heard outside my apartm...
Comments
http://uncrownedroyalty.blogspot.com/
He not only was the best secretary I have ever had, but went on to obtain his Bachelor's Degree is Social work and his mission is to advocate for others with the same illness.
To add to that, We had a lawyer who also suffered from it and was a wonderful mother and the kindest person I have ever met in my life.
I have been honored to meet people who have suffered greatly and have overcome much.
You have a great site.
PEACE.
www.spousalcaregiver.com and http://spousalcaregiver.blogspot.com
The first one because it truly matters and the second one because I need a mental brake to focus on other things.