The Author- Ashley

My photo
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
My name is Ashley and I am a lot of things, read this blog to learn more... Thank you for visiting my blog!

Thursday, September 11, 2008

MentalMeds News And My Story

MentalMeds News (www.mentalmeds.org) wants me to contribute an article on my experience with schizophrenia (also read the post "My Nervous Breakdown," below). I am excited about the opportunity, because I will get a chance to dismantle the stigma attached to schizophrenia by educating people about the illness. Wish me luck as I aspire to write a profound piece about my story.

5 comments:

hightime99 said...

Good luck. I cant wait to read you rpost about this

Jen said...

I'm so sorry about everything you had to go through :[
http://uncrownedroyalty.blogspot.com/

Freelance said...

I worked for Protection and Advocacy for a number or years, the young man who was a schizophrenic released from the mental institution for harming himself and others was assigned to me to do clerical work.

He not only was the best secretary I have ever had, but went on to obtain his Bachelor's Degree is Social work and his mission is to advocate for others with the same illness.

To add to that, We had a lawyer who also suffered from it and was a wonderful mother and the kindest person I have ever met in my life.

I have been honored to meet people who have suffered greatly and have overcome much.

You have a great site.

PEACE.

www.spousalcaregiver.com and http://spousalcaregiver.blogspot.com

The first one because it truly matters and the second one because I need a mental brake to focus on other things.

susan said...

Congrats! I look forward to reading it.

La Pixie said...

good luck, Sweetie! be honest like you are in your blogs, and you will do great.