1) Take my medication regularly. I know that without medication I have a high chance of a relapse, recurring symptoms, and going back to the hospital.
2) Educate myself on this illness. I agree that "knowledge is power," and with it I can accomplish a lot. Researching information on schizophrenia will keep me aware of symptoms and news.
3) Tell my doctor if I have recurring symptoms. My doctor is there to assist and to provide solutions for me.
4) Ask for help when I need it. Going to the hospital is not punishment, it is to get well again. So if I feel that it is needed, I will ask for help.
5) Educate my immediate family on the illness. I will share my knowledge with the illness with family to further encourage support.
6) Support others. I will share my experience and offer advice to others with schizophrenia or relatives of those with schizophrenia.
7) Listen to allies. Listen to someone that I can trust, they may see changes in me that I cannot see, and be concerned that I may show recurring symptoms. I will listen to their concerns and seek professional assistance.